Friday, February 1, 2008

Is this a trend?

Three movies in three weeks. Not bad for the first month of the year. I probably saw that number at the theatre in all of 2007.
Hopefully something will open tomorrow that appeals to me and I can go again. Hubby is welcome if he wants to tag along.

So:
Enchanted. I went alone to an afternoon matinee and really enjoyed it. I left the theatre with a big grin on my face. I really loved that chipmunk.

Sweeney Todd. I had mixed feelings about this one but decided if I was going to see it it might as well be on the big screen. Again a matinee but this time Paul joined me. We both liked it and I made the right decision to not wait til it came out on DVD. I had heard good and bad so it's truly a movie you have to see to decide for yourself.


Juno. We had to go to an evening show as this one wasn't at the theatre that has weekday matinees. It was busy. Ladies night out it seems although there were a few other men in the audience so P. didn't feel centred out. We laughed. The whole audience laughed. Loved the fast dialog, loved Juno's approach to life, loved it for being an odd ball little movie that sure entertained me. and a bonus it 's cheaper to go to this location as it's not a super cinema

On the book front I'm working my way through John Marsden's Tomorrow Series. He's an Australian, if you didn't know *grin* My October Aussie visitor gifted me with the start of the series and I will be continuing with it now that I'm hooked on the characters and the need to know if it comes out right.


2 people easily amused:

Michelle said...

Three truly awesome films. John Marsden depresses me though...

Tracey said...

My 14 year old doesn't like the John Marsden books either. I should read them to decide for myself (because I know your visitor really liked them - well, duh, otherwise he wouldn't have given it to you!)

Saw Enchanted with the girls and did enjoy it.