Friday, March 14, 2008

Vintage Madge - part 1

Madonna turns 50 this year. So I thought I'd celebrate with a little Friday night YouTube of her back before the children and move to the UK.

First, we have:

Burning Up



Then, the little-known song Gambler (it's not on any of her actual albums, but the soundtrack to Vision Quest aka Crazy for You)



...which brings us to Crazy For You. You cannot have a Vintage Madge special without this song



And then we have Into The Groove. This featured as part of the film Desperately Seeking Susan. At one point in my life I would have been able to repeat all the dialogue for this film. In fact, I bet after about one or two watches now it would probably all come careening back. It actually wasn't a bad flick, probably 'cause Mags wasn't in it all that much!



These are some of the stand outs from her very early years.

Of course, there is Material Girl, and Like A Virgin, Holiday, Lucky Star, Borderline, but they're all done to death.

And if anyone is wondering where the idea for the Material Girl clip was ripped from - I give you Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend*:



And so ends our first visit down the Madge memory lane. Stay tuned for more...




*pink ones, thanks.

2 people easily amused:

Tracey said...

Oh, waaaay back, I really liked that movie Desperately Seeking Susan. Not that I was ever a movie buff... In fact I think that was the movie I saw with friends because one jacked up and refused to see Star Wars, and we were under pain of death from parents to STAY TOGETHER. It's because of her that I have NEVER SEEN STAR WARS. (Do you think I'm the only person in the world?)

Michelle said...

Quite possibly. If you do end up watching it, only watch the original 3. The other 3 are utter shit.

Actually, only watch the first two (eps 4 and 5). Jedi sucked arse.